About the Recipe
Welcome to SunFish's culinary voyage! This week, we're thrilled to share a taste of oceanic delight with our Tropical Shrimp Tacos. Picture succulent shrimp mingling with exotic spices, juicy mango, and zesty flavors, all wrapped up in a soft taco shell. Join us as we transport your taste buds to a world where the sea meets paradise. A culinary journey that captures the essence of the ocean and the vibrancy of the tropics.
• 1 pound medium shrimp, deveined, tails off
• 1/4 teaspoon of salt
• 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
• 1 tablespoon of your favorite salt free spice blend -- We used a Southwest Chipotle Blend
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/4 freshly squeezed orange Juice
Tropical Taco Mix
• 1 pint tomato of choice, chopped (We used cherry tomatoes)
• 1 mango diced (about 1 cup)
• 1/2 red onion finely diced
• 1/4 cup jalapeno, chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon grated ginger
• 1/4 cup lime juice
• 1/4 cup orange juice (freshly squeezed)
• 1/2 cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
Thaw the shrimp if frozen. Pat the shrimp dry. In a medium bowl, mix the shrimp with the salt, onion powder, and salt free season blend of choice.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil on medium high heat. Add the shrimp and orange juice and cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side until just opaque and cooked through.
Tropical Taco Mix
In a large bowl, mix together the tomatoes, mango, red onion, grated ginger and jalapeño.
Stir in the shrimp and season with salt and garlic powder. Add the lime juice and orange juice and toss all together.
Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Just before serving, gently incorporate the cilantro. This can be left out if you do not like cilantro.
Serve on small soft shell taco of your choice.
1. Pairs well with a light white wine. We paired ours with a Lugana.