About the Recipe
TikTok Inspired Sushi Wrap Hack ... SunFish Style
We decided to try this popular TikTok hack with our Kani Salad recipe. Super easy and can be customized any way you like!
• 1 Nori Sheet
• 1/2 Avocado, sliced
• 1/4 cup Kani Salad (see recipe below)
• 1 English or Persian cucumber, thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup cooled sushi or gluttonous rice/sticky rice
• 1/4 teaspoon of nori furikake or sesame seeds
• Sriracha Sauce to taste
• 1 lb imitation crab stick
• 1/2 large English cucumber, julienned
• 1/2 large carrot, julienned
• 1/2 cup Japanese Kewpie mayonnaise (preferred) or regular full fat mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
• salt & pepper - to taste
• 2 1/2 teaspoons Sriracha -- can adjust to your spice level
Use a pair of scissors to cut the nori sheet from the middle, bottom up, halfway to the center only. Do not cut all the way through.
Place your 4 toppings of choice in each of the quadrants of the nori sheet. We like this order for our wrap, starting with the bottom left quadrant -- Sliced avocado, Kani Salad with extra Sriracha, thinly sliced cucumber, and rice garnished with nori furikake.
To fold, start with the bottom left quadrant. Fold it upwards, then fold it to the right, and finally hold it downwards.
Enjoy the wrap as is or cut in half. Serve immediately.
In a small bowl, add the mayo, Sriracha, and lemon juice then whisk them together. Salt and Pepper to taste. (Kani Dressing)
Shred the imitation crab stick by hand or use a fork by running it along the length of the crab stick while holding on to one end.
Add the shredded crab stick, julienned carrots and cucumber to a large bowl. Toss with desired amount of prepared Kani Salad Dressing.