About the Recipe
SunFish's take on a quick and easy Shrimp and Mango Ceviche that will make your family and friends happy!
• 1 cup tomato of choice, chopped (We used cherry and beefsteak tomatoes)
• 1 mango diced (about 1 cup)
• 1/2 red onion finely diced
• 1/4 cup jalapeno, chopped
• 1 pound wild-caught peeled and deveined shrimp chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 cup lime juice
• 1/4 cup orange juice (freshly squeezed)
• 1/2 cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
• 1 avocado
In a large bowl, mix together the tomatoes, mango, red onion, and jalapeño.
Stir in the shrimp and season with salt and garlic powder
Add the lime juice and orange juice and toss all together.
Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes. When the shrimp is done marinating or "cooking" in the citrus juice blend, it should be opaque or slightly pink. If you do not like this method for the shrimp, you can steam or boil the shrimp until slightly pink and toss in the ceviche mix.
Just before serving, gently incorporate the cilantro. This can be left out if you do not like cilantro.
Serve Shrimp and Mango Ceviche in half of an avocado or with your favorite tortilla chips.