About the Recipe
One pan Mediterranean shrimp with asparagus and zucchini.
• 1 1/2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 1 bunch fresh asparagus (about 8 stalks)
• 1 zucchini, sliced
• 4 tablespoon olive oil, divided
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 whole red onion, sliced
• 2 teaspoon each, oregano, thyme, smoked paprika
• 1 teaspoon sumac
• 1 teaspoon sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
• 1 whole lemon, zested and juiced
• 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
• 1 cup full fat feta cheese, crumbled
• 1/4 cup fresh parsley
Pre-heat oven to 450F degrees. In a large bowl season the shrimp with 2 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, salt, black pepper, paprika, oregano, thyme, sumac, and juice from lemon.
Trim and wash the asparagus, and the zucchini and then lay them flat on the baking sheet. Season with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place the seasoned shrimp on top of the asparagus and zucchini and top with sliced red onions.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the middle rack. Shrimp is cooked when the edges start to turn golden brown and do not look pale. Do not overcook the shrimp.
Remove shrimp and roasted vegetables from the oven and top with crumbled feta, olives and fresh parsley, drizzle with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with the lemon zest.
1. Serve alongside your couscous or quinoa.
2. Whipped Feta or Tzatzki is a delicious condiment for this dish.
3. Pairs well with Riesling or Rosé