About the Recipe
Preparing a whole Parrot fish can yield an incredible, flavorful dish. Here's a semi-simple yet delightful recipe you can make either in your oven or on a pellet grill.
• 1 whole parrot fish (about 3-4 pounds), cleaned and scaled
• 6 small/medium cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
• 1 lemon, thinly sliced
• 2 tablespoons of garlic infused olive oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 large bunch of fresh thyme
• 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
• 1 red chili pepper, finely sliced (optional)
Preheat your oven to 400°F or 375°F for pellet grill. Rinse the fish and pat dry with paper towels. Make diagonal cuts on both sides of the fish.
In a small bowl, mix the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and olive oil. Rub this mixture all over the fish, making sure to get it into the cuts and inside the cavity.
Season the fish with salt and pepper, then stuff the cavity with the lemon slices and a bunch of thyme.
Place the fish on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or in a large baking dish. Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
Finish in broiler 500⁰ for 5 minutes. Serve the fish hot with some of the garnish and perhaps a side of rice or grilled vegetables. Enjoy this deliciously prepared Parrot fish!