About the Recipe
Instant Korean Ramen ... SunFish Style! A versatile way to elevate your instant ramen experience. Turn that 10 cent struggle meal into a 2$ masterpiece. Prices will vary ><
• 2 Cups bone broth or broth of choice
• 1 Cup of water
• 1 Package Instant Korean Ramen noodles of choice
• 2 to 3 thinly sliced strips of steak
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2 teaspoon of sesame oil
• 2 to 3 pieces of yakimandu or dumplings of choice
• 5 to 8 pieces of Korean rice cake/Tteokguk 떡
• 1 egg
• 2 to 3 seaweed sheets
• 2 tablespoons of chopped green onion
• 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
• 1/4 teaspoon or more to taste of Korean pepper flakes/Gochugaru 고추가루 (optional if you like spicy)
Season the steak with salt and pepper.
In a non-stick skillet, add the sesame oil to it and sear the steak for a few seconds/minutes on both sides until golden brown or desired doneness. Set aside.
Bring the bone broth and water to a boil and cook ramen noodles/ noodles of choice according to package instructions.
At the half-way point of cooking noodles, add the mandu, rice cake, and egg. If you like your Ramen spicy, you can add the Korean pepper flake. (See Note 3 for egg ideas)
Transfer Ramen to a large bowl. Add the scallions, cooked steak, sesame sheets, and sesame seeds.
1. This recipe is customizable to YOUR liking. Use your imagination and creativity to guide you.
2. Other recommendations to add to your Korean Instant Ramen are tofu, Korean fish cake/Odeng 오뎅, bokchoy, mushrooms, garlic, Spam, rotisserie chicken .... anything you like!
3. You can do different types of eggs -- scrambled the egg in a bowl and add it to the broth while boiling to create a type of egg drop soup or crack the raw egg whole in the broth for 1 to 2 minutes before the cooking is finished to poach the egg. A soft-boiled egg placed on top is delicious too.