About the Recipe
Here is a rich and creamy Pesto Seafood Pasta dish to prepare and impress any guest!
• 1lb fettuccine noodles or any pasta of your choice, boiled and strained
• 1/4 cup or 4 tableapoons of unsalted butter.
• 3 cloves garlic, grated
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 quart heavy cream or 1 quart half-and-half
• 3 tablespoons of your favorite Pesto
• 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
• 4 ounces Asiago or Parmesan cheese
• 1 1/2 cups shrimp, cleaned and boiled til just pink
• 1 cup lump crabmeat
In saucepan, sauté garlic and butter over medium heat. Do not burn the garlic. Pour in heavy cream or half-and-half and bring to a simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes.
Add Asiago or Parmesan cheese and stir until well incorporated. About a minute.
Turn down the heat between medium and low and gently fold in the shrimp and crabmeat.
Add lemon juice and pesto and stir gently to not break down the crabmeat too much.
You can add the fettuccine noodles (or pasta of choice) in the pan and stir until well mixed or pour alfredo sauce on top of plated noodles. Serve and enjoy immediately.
1. Can use other seafood like scallops or calamari.
2. Parsley or chopped green onion make great garnishes for this dish
3. Serve with your favorite white wine like Chardonnay