About the Recipe
Here is an easy Crab Quiche with a mild and smokey flavor for your next weekend brunch ....SunFish Style!
• 1 (9-inch) deep dish frozen pie crust
• 4 large eggs
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon of fresh thyme leaves, no stems.
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 4 to 5 dashes of Smoked Chipotle Tabasco™
• 1 cup shredded Smoked Gruyère or Smoked Cheddar. (A half-and-half blend of the two is delicious as well)
• 1/2 cup grated Asiago Cheese
• 8 ounces of crabmeat, flaked
• 1 stalk green onion, chopped
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Bake the frozen pie crust in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to slightly cool.
Whisk cream, eggs, salt, thyme, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and hot sauce together in a large bowl.
Stir in the crab, smoked Gruyère, Asiago, and chopped green onion.
Pour the crab mixture into the cooled pie shell. Make sure the crab meat is equally distributed throughout the quiche using a fork and gently pushing the crab meat. Be gentle to not break the pie crust.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes. Turn the oven off, not opening the oven door, and leave the quiche in the oven until firm and middle is set, about 20 to 30 minutes. This method allows the residual heat to continue cooking and setting the quiche without over cooking or burning.
Remove from the oven and serve. This serves well warm or at room temperature.
1. Serve with a simple green salad with a light citrus vinaigrette.
2. Pairs well with California Chardonnay or a Mimosa