About the Recipe
Rich flavored coconut shrimp from scratch!
• 1 1/2 pounds shell off, tail on shrimp
• 1 cup potato starch
• 1/2 cup coconut milk
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
• 1 cups shredded coconut
• 1/2 cup fine shaved coconut
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Prepare shrimp as needed and ready 3 bowls.
• 1st bowl, add potato starch.
• 2nd bowl add egg and coconut milk. Whisk until combined.
• 3rd bowl add coconut, Panko, paprika, garlic powder and salt. Mix well
Dip shrimp one at a time into the cornstarch, then egg mixture and then coconut mixture. Place on a baking sheet and repeat.
Deep fry heat at 350 degrees. Add shrimp a few at a time, cook for 2-4 minutes. Majority should be golden brown with slightly darker coconut tips. Remove and drain on a rack or paper towel.
Pair with your favorite sauce. Ours was a homemade coconut mango puree.